Easy styles to try with your fascinator for race day!
You just walked out of the salon- your hair is vibrant, its shiny, it looks amazing and you feel a million dollars! We all love that salon fresh feeling and wanting to keep hair looking just as good as it did when you walked out of the salon right up until your next hair appointment is on top of the wish list for many of our clients! So how do you achieve it? Below are our top tips for keeping your new hair in premium just left the salon condition!
- Avoid washing hair after your colour for as long as possible. This helps the colour molecules settle into the hair shaft. The more you wash your hair the more colour molecules that wash away. The less you wash your hair, the longer it will last.
2. Although blonde hair does not fade like darker colours sometimes do, it is not without its maintenance issues. The most common complaint we get from our Blondes is the appearance of brassy, yellow or golden tones. Blonde hair easily picks up unwanted tones generally due to environmental factors and lifestyle. The best way to eliminate them between colours is to invest in a good quality purple shampoo. Because yellow sits directly opposite purple on the colour wheel, it effectively and easily removes unwanted tones. Using it no more than twice a week is optimal so as to not overtone the hair.
3. Banish bed hair by finding yourself a silk pillowcase and see how much longer your blowdrys can last! Cotton fabric has the potential to grab your hair and twist it from the root during the night often resulting in bed hair! Silk is much gentler on the hair, reduces the likelihood of static and allows for styles to last much longer.
4. Did you know that wrapping your hair in a towel after showering and leaving it there while you are doing your make-up can often be a cause of frizz! The rough material often used to make towels forces the hair cuticle to open and makes them more prone to go every which way. Instead, squeeze all the excess moisture from your hair when you get out of the shower and allow to air dry while you do your make-up etc.
5. Dry shampoo can be a lifesaver for those busy mornings, rushing to work after a morning gym session or if your hair is prone to being oily. But did you know that it can actually be used as a styling product as well? Applied lightly to the roots and worked in small circles with the fingers it can provide volume to fine hair. Regrowth due and you just don’t have time to get to the salon- Dry shampoo can minimise the appearance! There are various colours of dry shampoo available- just make sure to match it up to your hair colour.
So there you have it- our top tips for keeping your hair in just left the salon condition for as long as possible! Be sure to quiz your stylist on your next trip to Davissa for more quick and easy ways to keep your hair looking great!
It’s the weekend!!! We can’t think of a more weekend appropriate topic to discuss than this simple yet drastic way to change your look and surprise your friends. Better yet, it can be done in less than 30 seconds and doesn’t cost a thing!
You are probably thinking what can possibly take that little time? Its something so simple yet so overlooked in the process of getting ready that for some people it is unheard of- the subtle part change! It is without a doubt one of the most dramatic yet not permanent ways to switch up your whole look!
People often fall into the routine of the same part everyday. However, switching a part up can really compliment not only your face shape and features but many hairstyles as well. To show you just what we mean, below we have listed our top picks of parts! Try them out this weekend and experience the power of the part for yourself!
SIDE PART- Left or Right
Nothing says sultry like a deep side part! This gives the illusion of a swept over and effortless do. The best bit? The deeper the part, the better the effect! Love the side part but your hair wont stay to the side?
When styling your hair, after washing use a blow dryer and your fingers to sweep hair to the side and into the intended part, blast drying the roots for staying power and eliminating cow licks. Don’t try and be too perfect, the messier the parting the better the effortless effect. Wanting more volume? Once hair is completely dry, add dry shampoo or a texturizing spray to the roots and distribute with fingers for that extra oomph.
Wanting something more dramatic? Why not try a center part! Use a comb or tail-comb and part your hair down the center when wet and blast dry with the hair dryer. Can’t get it perfect? That’s okay! A just off centered part works too. Team it with straight locks for a super sleek look.
Want no part? Add a different look altogether by brushing your hair all back and having no part at all! This works particularly well for curly hair! Want a dramatic look? Try spraying with hairspray or applying a gel and going for a sleek straight back look!
Simple ways to change your look with one simple step that allows you to mix it up every day of the week!!!
Share your photos with us! We would love to see your different looks!