You just walked out of the salon- your hair is vibrant, its shiny, it looks amazing and you feel a million dollars! We all love that salon fresh feeling and wanting to keep hair looking just as good as it did when you walked out of the salon right up until your next hair appointment is on top of the wish list for many of our clients! So how do you achieve it? Below are our top tips for keeping your new hair in premium just left the salon condition!
- Avoid washing hair after your colour for as long as possible. This helps the colour molecules settle into the hair shaft. The more you wash your hair the more colour molecules that wash away. The less you wash your hair, the longer it will last.
2. Although blonde hair does not fade like darker colours sometimes do, it is not without its maintenance issues. The most common complaint we get from our Blondes is the appearance of brassy, yellow or golden tones. Blonde hair easily picks up unwanted tones generally due to environmental factors and lifestyle. The best way to eliminate them between colours is to invest in a good quality purple shampoo. Because yellow sits directly opposite purple on the colour wheel, it effectively and easily removes unwanted tones. Using it no more than twice a week is optimal so as to not overtone the hair.
3. Banish bed hair by finding yourself a silk pillowcase and see how much longer your blowdrys can last! Cotton fabric has the potential to grab your hair and twist it from the root during the night often resulting in bed hair! Silk is much gentler on the hair, reduces the likelihood of static and allows for styles to last much longer.
4. Did you know that wrapping your hair in a towel after showering and leaving it there while you are doing your make-up can often be a cause of frizz! The rough material often used to make towels forces the hair cuticle to open and makes them more prone to go every which way. Instead, squeeze all the excess moisture from your hair when you get out of the shower and allow to air dry while you do your make-up etc.
5. Dry shampoo can be a lifesaver for those busy mornings, rushing to work after a morning gym session or if your hair is prone to being oily. But did you know that it can actually be used as a styling product as well? Applied lightly to the roots and worked in small circles with the fingers it can provide volume to fine hair. Regrowth due and you just don’t have time to get to the salon- Dry shampoo can minimise the appearance! There are various colours of dry shampoo available- just make sure to match it up to your hair colour.
So there you have it- our top tips for keeping your hair in just left the salon condition for as long as possible! Be sure to quiz your stylist on your next trip to Davissa for more quick and easy ways to keep your hair looking great!